Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Labeling Food...And Body Soap

As I walked out of the bathroom this morning, I showed my 3yr old daughter her soap and her brother's soap and asked her to tell Grandma which soap* is which. (My mom is awesome and watches my kids every Wednesday. Today she was even "awesome-er" and agreed to bathe my kids for me too!) I put the soaps in a bag and realized how quirky our lives have become and how little I notice it now.

Something I did not explain in my last post is that while my kids both have food allergies; they do not have the same food allergies. This means most nights we  make 2 versions of a meal. It also means when I pack lunches for Grandma's house on Wednesdays, I label every single container with their initials.

2 days of lunch containers fresh out of the dish washer
So today I sent food with a sticker label (really scotch tape and sharpie) and soap with a verbal label. Go figure!


*We also have skin sensitivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment